That's It?

The elections are over, which means I can expect my telephone calls to once again be from, you know, people. Not that Clint Eastwood isn't a person, mind you, it's just that as soon as I hear a recorded voice I hang up, so I have no idea who I was hanging up on.

I did pretty good this year, getting many of the propositions right. I missed the one about the sex offenders, and I'm more than a bit sickened that so many of my fellow citizens want to tag anyone, no matter how loathsome, with a GPS monitoring anklet. Who knew?

I spread my votes around, like I think you're supposed to, between all the parties (except Republican and that one that sounds like Nazis), but I think only the Democrats won anything. I guess that now that the elections are over they'll forget all that partisan rancor and sit around the campfire singing cumbaya together. I did find it interesting that so many of the Democrats campaigned using the "my opponent voted along party lines 97% of the time" and never mentioned that they, too, voted along party lines 97% of the time. I guess if it's your party the argument doesn't hold, or maybe then it's a virtue, not a flaw.

I hardly got any mail today.

And I'm willing to predict that Rumsfeld's "resignation" will keep the Democratic "thumping" of the Republicans from dominating tomorrow's front pages.

0 comments: