Win-Win Situation

I'm not sure how common this knowledge of mine is and I'm not forgetting how dangerous a little knowledge can be, but this news is too good not to share with everyone who reads this!

I've lately been working on writing content for an estate planning website. Since I've had to read and re-write over a hundred pages of really exciting stuff having to do with probate, wills, living trusts, and the IRS tax code, it's been tough to sleep. Along the way, however, I've managed to pick up a thing or two that's really worth sharing.

Every person, every year, can give me $11,000, and I'd just like to repeat that.

Every person, every year, can give me a gift of $11,000 and not be subject to the gift tax.

Why so few (read: anyone) are taking advantage of this great tax opportunity is beyond me. Not only will this gift remain within the guidelines for gifts established by the Internal Revenue Service, but more importantly, it will reduce the amount of your estate after you die.

We've all heard horror tales about this "death tax," and no less a person than the friggin' President of the United States has spoken out against it. He should know.

Instead of letting your estate be eaten up by evil bureaucrats after you die (and we know that interferes with resting in peace), you can do yourself and me a favor by giving me an $11,000 gift each and every year!  Think how good you'll feel! Not only will be giving it to the man, but you'll be giving it to me, too!

To facilitate this process, I've updated my website. A simple click on the item at the bottom of the page will reduce your tax profile, and you can expect a letter of thanks from me, personally!

2 comments:

cybele said...

Ooh! That's great. We should agree to help each other out on this.

I'll give you 11K and you can give me 11K! Think of all the money we'll save!

russ said...

You first.

If this is as successful as I hope and helps save people from giving money to the govt, I may need to put the "donate" button on a special page, all by itself.

Don't forget to tell all your friends about this excellent estate tax saving opportunity!