An Embarrassment of Emptiness

Considering how frequently I think of something witty to say about things I’ve seen, it’s downright suspicious that there isn’t multiple posts here every day.

I mean, it’s not like I’m not opinionated or shy about speaking my mind.

Just today, although this isn’t witty in the slightest, I was driving behind a screen repair truck. This guy, I thought, should be making money faster than he could print it up himself. Nearly everyone has screens on their windows, and I’d be willing to bet a good number of those screens need some repair.

And, in spite of the fact that repairing or replacing a screen is only slightly more difficult than putting in a new shoelace, I have a hunch most people refuse to even consider doing it. Not that I’m any better than anyone else, but although I know I could do it (and have many times in the past), I’m burdened by laziness.

Anyway, in a more perfect world, all this guy would have to do is by a couple big rolls of screen mesh, maybe both metal and fiberglass, a whole bunch of that rubber tubing stuff and one or two rollers, and he should be set for life. The trouble, I guess, is that no one would know about the excellent service he provides.

In today’s business climate, you have to do more than build it. That’s the rub.

0 comments: