2013 New Years Resolutions


I suppose it's that time of year again, when I need to make up some promises for myself. Since this is the first new year in my new home, the process will be either easier or harder, depending on if I decide to focus on bettering myself like in years past or just take the easy way out and make resolutions about my new environment.

This year I resolve to drive on every street in Landers that shows up on any map I have and/or every one in my zip code.

This year I resolve to stay away from each and every nationally advertised corporate eating place in Yucca Valley and try the food in four of the local places.

If the whole money thing works out, I resolve to build a carport / garage thing for the Jeep.

I resolve to learn the names of all the plants on my property.

If the skies are clear, I resolve to watch the International Space Station fly over my home this evening (http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php).

Although I have no idea how to do it or much in the way of hopes for success, I'd like to learn how to be less influenced by what I guess other people think of me. It's downright counter-productive and silly to worry about that all the time, especially since those other people don't even think about me all that much.

0 comments: