Babbling

No, I have nothing to say.

A bright spot, for me, is the starting of the Formula 1 season this weekend in Australia. There are some "major" changes since last year, some with an eye toward cutting expenses for the teams. Now the engines are required to last TWO race weekends and, basically, they have to use one set of tires for the entire race (say, two hundred miles). They also implemented some design changes in an effort to slow the cars down, but word has it the designers were already able to recover the lost three tons of downforce.

It rained and I learned I don't do much if I go without coffee. Through no plan I had very little coffee this week and was unable to accomplish much of anything. I blame it on a lack of caffeine.

I've managed to trim the number of people to whom I owe e-mail by two and received a sample of someone's hopes for the Eurosong 2005 winner, to be announced Saturday. I find it depressing that legal news about Michael Jackson, Robert Blake, and Martha Stewart is getting more coverage than Bernie Ebbers. I found a website devoted to TV shows and have become quite humbled about what the American public thinks is good. On the brighter side, it IS true what they say about a little knowledge.

(writing news in MORE)



It's been a challenging week for TRE, and I'm thinking the coffee may be the culprit there, too. But, I just came up with this realization: I edit, and maybe write, different when I have an audience.

I normally write for some invisible fan, whom I wish to impress or charm. Now I have someone who will be getting my work, and that's making an incredible difference. I'm not writing to impress them, but I am mindful that they may, in fact, actually read Brad's story and it's making me a bit nervous.

I consider it a good thing, though, since (obviously) if I land an agent and make any progress at all toward being published, editors will request things. I'll be writing for a specific person then, so it's good for me to be used to it. This last year I knew someone would be reading my NaNovel, and I think that creates for me an extra layer of interest. It may be why BTS differs from my earlier work.

I really use far too many words to get my meanings across. I think I'm improving, though.

0 comments: