The Bunnies Hop Home to Roost

I’m feeling a tad under the weather, by which I mean I have a sore throat, headache, and sniffles.

From what some people tell me, it’s all because of my diet, and I’m in no position to argue.

According to people who know about these things, the foods I eat are often loaded with chemicals. These chemicals, the thinking goes, then hang around in my body and get in the way of it properly performing or actually cause it harm. People who eat right, who only eat food as nature provides it, don’t suffer all these illnesses.

Me? I don’t know. There’s certainly something in their argument, but my mind is in no condition to do any heavy thinking right now. I’ve always been of the belief that what I put in stomach most often gets tossed aside if my body can’t figure out what the hell it is, but maybe my digestive tract is more like a pack rat and holds all this crap just in case it needs it some day. In that sense, it would be a lot like me.

I’m not sure how sick I am because I don’t have a very good frame of reference. I have no idea how you, or anyone else, feels when they’re sick, but that bothers me. I’m not sure if I’m suffering as bad a headache as anyone has ever experienced or if this is one that most people would just shrug off. I feel like a weenie when I hold my head and moan, however quietly, but — dammit — I feel like shit.

Of course, I made some chicken soup. With noodles. And, with a once-happy free range organic chicken and organic carrots. Yeah, it’s incredibly expensive, but the rest of the ingredients were those everyone else gets to eat. I even made it with tap water.

With chicken, noodles, leeks, carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, and parsley, it looks like a very good soup. It tastes, however, only like salt. I’m not sure if that’s because I added too much salt or if that’s because salt is about the only thing I can taste. It didn’t hurt my throat, and I’m not thirsty, so I think I got the salt just right.

If I did, that would be one thing.

0 comments: