More of the Same, Only Different

It's about time I remembered this blog.

Before I write anything, I had to upgrade my installation and, as they always do, the end of the upgrade directions contains the helpful advice that I should consider "rewarding yourself with a blog post about the upgrade." Well, I'm not sure how rewarding it will be for me or anyone else, but here it is.

It's quite an extensive upgrade because I haven't done one in quite some time. This new version has a way for me to add not only pictures to my entries, but video and audio, as well. I can only hope that means that the music comes on automatically when people load the page and plays all the time the page is open. It would be even better if I can find some of that old MIDI music we loved so well on the Geocity pages!

The good news about those enhancements, which may have been incorporated a few years ago, is that I don't have to bother with those annoying ways of including pictures I had to use in the past. They involved special coding, which I invariably forgot, but I'll have to check where these uploaded pictures are stored, if they appear as thumbnails, and all that.

Also, I have no reason to believe any of the old images will show up, not unless I move them.

See, this is what's great about living in this day and age. Computers allow us (me) to spend roughly forever completing tasks that were once unheard of. We think they're faster, more efficient, and let us be more productive, but that's not true at all. Sure, they let us do more, but we spend far more time managing them than we ever had to spend changing typewriter ribbons.

The good news is, this is a new post. Maybe I should try to get back in the habit of writing here, using it as a way to warm up for other writing I need to do during the day. Maybe I can even say something interesting some day.

Or, add a picture.

0 comments: