Politics - Part 1 of Many

Now they've both pissed me off.

Today I heard Bush is planning on curtailing emission requirements for Conn, NY, and Calif. Those states haven't met their standards, anyway, but allowing them to use less highly engineered gas will save consumers about a dime a gallon this summer. Kind of sucks, not only for the air but also for the oil companies, who've already spent a ton of money refining the gas for us. No, it can't be used in other states, they just need to eat the cost.

Equally disturbing, to me at least, was Kerry's talk yesterday of opening the national reserves to lower gas prices. Sure, that would increase supply, but there isn't a supply shortage. The dollar sucks wind and OPEC is greedy. I dislike Kerry's idea to plunder our reserve set aside for rainy days when it isn't even drizzling. I find his decision to use what we have now and the hell with the future an odd stance for someone who claims to be a conservationist.

People with cars vote. It will be fun to watch them yell about special interests when they choose.


No, I didn't complete the fifty hours. At least, I don't think I did. I still have two or three chapters to go and it's difficult for me to calculate time spent on editing. Unlike vomiting forth words to be fixed at a later date, and words that I can count, I take a lot of short breaks while editing, time spent thinking ... pondering ... engaging in ratociniation.

I'm not sure what I'm doing now is all that good, either. Parts of it are much better, others simply exchanging tit for tat or even allowing tit to stand and wait for a second or third pass. Kicker has been my most ambitious project yet, and the language, the voices, the plot, are all more complex than anything I've written to date. I'm uncertain if I can get on paper what I want, but playing around with it is more fun than doing my taxes.

Or, even learning HOW to do my taxes. That should be a headache and a half this year.

0 comments: