Not so sure...

Now, more than ever, I wonder why I do this.

I'm not big on writing about events in my life or plans or clever ideas. Human beings are something like ninety percent emotional and that's the stuff I find interesting. I know I no longer have a following here and maybe it was my earlier entries that did me in. Still, I find recitations of my trip to the bike store no more thrilling than you do.

I guess it's okay to read about happenings in other's lives since I do some reasoning to determine why he or she feels so strongly about it that they want to share it with the world.

Blogs have been in the news a lot lately, as some sort of new arm of journalism. There have been blogging events and it's surely the wave of the future to be part of the blogging community. I'm just not sure that what I do or feel or am going through is the type of thing that's blogworthy.

Maybe it will be good to see if I can write something here every day for a month. It's like most of my writing and tantamount to shouting down a well, but I guess it will leave some sort of record of my passage.

2 comments:

lauren said...

like nanowrimo only more self-indulgent.

define blogworthy...

russ said...

Hmmm...blogworthy...

It's gotta be something that interests the readers.

Events, I think, need to be put into a larger context, made universal. Anything I do can be used as some point of illustration, I guess, but much of my reaction is personal and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Maybe I should just write little humorous things...