Generating Work

One of the things I'm best at it creating "to do" lists. Conversely, one of the things I could do better is ever look at them again.

Today I need to strengthen a gate in the back yard, one my dog could conceivably knock over. The other week while I was lounging around in the hammock reading or sitting on the deck writing, Minardi freaked out when an unleashed dog was on the front yard. To express his disapproval, he busted the front window.

That can wait for a bit (plywood is quite fashionable, although dark), but to stave off any further incidents, I need to make sure he won't tear down the gate over the driveway. The gate itself is framed with 2X4s and the bars are fashioned out of 1/2 inch conduit.

I designed and built it myself! Could you tell?

I have some angle iron brackets which will nicely prevent the gate from opening out or twisting enough to break. The thing is, I have lots of things, and it's not always (ever?) easy finding what I need. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I need to reduce my possessions and lighten the load on my life's ship.

So today, theoretically, I'll look around and see if I can find where I left those damn brackets. I have little hopes of finding them, and it's odds on that what I'll do instead is find a barbecue and then make chicken kabobs.

Which would necessitate a trip to the store for tomatoes.

0 comments: