Takin' a Break

Here I am. I've been devoting my time to hacking up a new web page, one that will reproduce the contents of my three blogs. Not only might it be considered a Rube Goldberg inspired collection of PHP and HTML, it serves very little purpose. It's not as if the ten or so people who visit can't click and see the other pages themselves, or read the content, anyway, off their aggregators.

But, it serves a very worthwhile purpose: when I'm futzing about with that, I ignore everything else on God's green earth. There's been no sense in actually creating any content, you see, until I can display it in yet another format.

It's all about the form.

The other brainstorm I've had is to get into non-fiction. That's where the money is. I need to hurry up that Unified Page of Blogging and then begin querying publishers for my idea: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Blogging.

Think about it. There must be over three hundred people who've yet to start their own blogs. Yet, they hear about it constantly and I'm sure they have things as valuable to say as the rest of us. How can the world not be interested in what Roger said to you in the hall, or how your sister-in-law got hooked on drugs again and is living with that guy who steals bicycles?

Of course, I'm no expert on blogging, but I know more than the idiots do.

5 comments:

cybele said...

So where is this new all-blog-viewing contraption?

Oh, I bought a book an aquaintance wrote called Buzz Marketing with Blogs for DUMMIES. Yes, there's a dummies book for everything.

russ said...

That's funny about your book. I didn't know that! In fact, I'd done a Google search on the title and thought it was my idea.

"Yes, thereĆ¢€™s a dummies book for everything."

Still, I'm sure there must still be someone who's heard about blogging but is afraid. Kindly advice from me could only help them overcome the challenges of .. typing something.

russ said...

The kinda thing I'm working on is here:

Grand Unified Blog

So far it's not automated, and I need to set where the boxes will all line up and work on the colors and things.

Still, it may give you an idea of what I'm playing with (when I should be doing other things, such as blogging).

cybele said...

Okay, not to be picky, but it says there's a half-dozen blogs, but I only see three .... *ducks and runs*

russ said...

I think you're adding the wrong article. It's not a half-dozen blogs it's the half-dozen blogs, of which there's only three.

So far.