Two Official Facts

I have to say -- right now -- it's officially too damn hot for me.

It's uncomfortable typing, not because the keyboard is too hot but the table on which I lay my wrists is. Yes, I could get one of those "ergonomic" things, but I'm not the type. They made me use one at work, and that's one thing I never forgave them for.

Yes, they probably do something, and that "something" may even be "avoid lawsuits," but I've never been a big fan of them. I have a little carpal tunnel or repititive stress thing in my right hand and wrist, but it only hurts (nothing worse than that).

I'm not one to check with the government to see what's been found to be unhealthy every day. When I become aware of something like that, I'm typically skeptical, mostly because I've seen the government's track record. Hard to believe, but my own personal one beats it.

The other official thing is that yesterday I looked like an idiot. I have no idea how much of a stretch that is.

I needed bread, and not just any old bread, but fancy bread produced by a NASDAQ listed company (Panera - symbol PNRA). I miss the little bakeries I used to be able to go to, but Atkins represents progress if nothing else. Not content with looking like the old photos of Europeans, I stopped at another store and bought two pillows.

I didn't hear anyone laugh, but most of them were locked inside cars draining their engine's power by running air conditioners. It was under thirty degrees, so I guess most people are listening to movies or podcasts or something. Anyway, I'm sure I looked a sight riding a bicycle with two big pillows lashed onto it. Maybe everyone thought I was preparing for a crash.

0 comments: