Darkening Days

One might think that my new eagerness to work on things would generate  increased production, but one would be wrong.

I may be having some effect on the world, however, since tonight when I looked out the window I noticed only one house still lit up. How 2006. The only other thing I've noticed is today when I was on my way to the market my brake pedal went all the way to the floor.

It turns out the brake light, which mysteriously went on over the weekend, actually means something and wasn't just a glitch with the parking brake. A little brake fluid fixed it, but I'm adding brakes to things to keep an eye on. A race is now developing between those and the clutch to see who gets fixed first, but I have a hunch the brakes will win. There are excitements life can offer that one should refuse.

One would think these unexpected items would give me pause for creating new resolutions, but one would, again, be wrong. It may well be that this year is my year for setting up challenges, and I'm adding two more resolutions.

Resolved: I'm going to paint my room. This involves more than you can imagine, so I expect much cheering when I cross it off my list. Not the least of my challenges there is deciding whether my office stuff should go. I have a wonderful old wood desk in there, but it may make more sense to stash office supplies and writing stuff in the Ardmore Room, my name for the room that contains my computers.

Resolved: I will buy half my gifts and things for others this year at mom and pop markets. I intend to do some carpentry and hope to complete that stuff without resorting to Home Depot or Ace Hardware or places of that ilk. There's a local lumberyard that also sells tools and things, and I can annoy them with my little purchases.

I should probably do something about the heater, too, something more than replacing the filter and worrying if each time it fires up will be its last.

0 comments: