Greater Than Zero

I'm not stupid, I'm a fan of weather.

!@(1degree.jpg)

It's likely that this is the lowest temperature I've ever experienced in Los Angeles, and it may be the coldest it's been, ever. Anywhere. I tell ya, if there was any humidity, I could see my breath!

Yes, it's a dry cold.

To get the full impact of this noteworthy chill I'm sitting in an unheated room with a window mostly open. "Brisk" can only begin to describe it. My coffee goes from piping hot to tepid in less time than it takes to drink it, and these frequent interruptions to type another line aren't helping the cause at all.

Feels like one damn degree. Frankly, when the numbers are that low, it's scarcely worth the effort to measure. My only consolation comes from the knowledge that it can't, possibly, get colder. With only one degree on the thermometer, you've only got one to lose, right?

I wonder what it's costing my neighbors to heat their pool.

0 comments: