Our Next President

According to some experts I heard about once, we elect people based -- as much as anything -- on appearance. This doesn't explain Henry Waxman, but every theory has exceptions.

If this holds true, I expect the GOP will go with Mitt Romney, about whom I'm less than ignorant. I saw him at the "debate," however, and he's as pandering as the his fellows, so I guess he has a good shot. To be a successful Republican primary candidate you need to be unrealistically obsessed with immigration, talking tough, and the sanctity of life (criminals and terrorists notwithstanding).

You also have to talk a lot about evil, a very religious-sounding term that puts you in the right.

The better looking Democratic candidates, I think, are Obama and Edwards. I'd add Kucinich to the mix based on his hot wife, but everyone focuses more on how short he is. Hillary doesn't look bad but she peaked a few years ago for me, so she's out.

I'm guessing one of those three will be our next president.

0 comments: