Test Ride

Today I rode here, just to see if I could do it. The answer is "yes," and if I do it again I'll even pick up some all-meat burritos with cheese along with a side order of rice to lower the combustion ratio.

The place is an LA legend, but the "redesigned" site doesn't show just how funky it is. The chips, for example, are kept in galvanized trash cans and there's always a crowd at the joint. Good eats.

Yesterday, after close to a year of waiting, I finally got around to having the battery in my watch replaced. I have a couple watches, but only one I regularly wear, and neither of them had moving hands. That, incidentally, is about the only thing I really ask of them.

I got my watch back after a twenty minute wait, which gave me a chance to wander around the mall and avoid buying overpriced footware. I go to the same guy for a battery every time I need it, one of those booth things on the floor, and he never remembers me. I even had him size my index finger for a ring once and astonished him by giving him a dollar.

As he does most times, he tries to fix the band. He does this because I'm continually trying to fix it myself so that it locks in place. He doesn't remember that, either.

I also stopped by an elite bike store and didn't buy any incredibly expensive machines. They looked good, though, and for some reason I keep thinking my life would be better if I had a Specialized Road Bike. No, I have nowhere to ride it and lack the talent to take advantage of such a fussy bicycle, but I still think I'd look cool on it until someone stole it.

Also, swung by CompUSA to see about video cards. They have job openings. I want to get out of computers and hate CompUSA, but ...

0 comments: