Another Day

This site has a whole new look, but only if you're me or another person with administrative rights.

I've been ignoring the notices about the update for the past few months, but today I updated the Wordpress software I use to post these entries. I guess it works all right, but I haven't tested all my plugins or even checked to see if everything works. This isn't a commercial site, and in spite of the claimed numbers, I'm not even sure more than a handful of people even know it exists.

The update was easy, though took more time than I expected. I blame that on my host, who doesn't seem to accept uploads very quickly at all. Some times it's fine, but Saturday morning doesn't seem to be one of those.

The new software gives me bluish-teal highlights for the admin screens, a change from the gray. Also, and this is just fancier than hell, my categories are now in a drop-down menu instead of displayed.

This is progress, but does nothing for the functionality.

The only reason I changed is I was being deluged with notification from my spam catching add-on. No, I haven't looked to see if there are updates for that, but I was getting the caught spam digest about once an hour instead of once a week, and enough is enough. Maybe that's because I've been getting more spam entries.

Anyway, it looks as if it works, and both of my blogs are now up to date with version 2.0.4

0 comments: