Days I Don't Need

These little pretzel sticks taste pretty good and are a suitable reward for one of my meatless days (except for that ham sandwich at lunchtime). The only thing I don't like about them is that they're a little stale, but I'd forgotten about them.

My sister's dog, though quite old, isn't quite dead yet. He spent a few frantic days without the use of one of his legs, and it looked to me like his spine injury had gotten the better of him. Then, he started moving again, and his doctor said it was most likely a sprain. He's still mostly blind and very gray, but it looks as if there's still a few more miles in him.

I've decided, again, that I don't like sleeping. Losing all those hours is one thing, but I recently had an embarrassing, pathetic dream, and I don't like treating myself that way. I don't mind it so much when I frighten or scareƂ  myself, or even when I tease myself with impossible romantic or acrobatic episodes, but this last dream went far beyond the pale and offered up one of my few secret desires. The worst part, of course, is that I was pleased during the dream and only upset when I was awake and realized what I'd done to myself and how hollow and empty I felt.
And I don't know what's going on with this new Wordpress software. It's not a big thing, but I can't tell by looking at the post if a comment's been logged. Nor am I getting any notification, but it's not like I get anything other than spam. I do get the emails that are sent me, so it's not like nothing's working.

I guess that's enough for today.

0 comments: