Attitude Adjustment

As expected, the rising sun drove away the rain clouds. I can only hope that when it wasn't involved in that task that it also repaired my clutch. If nothing else, the nighttime air would have cooled it off.

Also, I found my mobile. I did a cursory check of my cars interior last night, one that gave me fewer rewards than Bush's excursion into nation building, but was hampered by the lack's  of any light. What I did was run my hand over the passenger seat, which even I admit isn't much in the way of an exhaustive search.

This morning, when it was light enough to see my hand in front of my face, I put off doing a search for the obvious reason that if my efforts weren't successful that I'd have to admit my phone was gone for good. It's always better to have hope than knowledge.

Just now I held my breath, opened the door, and found the phone resting where I very well may have put it yesterday. In my defense, it was a new place (a hollow near the emergency brake).

The sunny day means I can postpone wrestling with the top and becoming more discouraged. I just hope the clutch survives my day's travels and doesn't provoke the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I expect.

The last-minute shopping should go well, assuming I can stumble on things for the last two people on my list. I have no idea what to get them, which should be obvious by how long it's taken me to get the presents. I keep finding wonderful gifts for people I don't need to buy anything for, but that doesn't help me in the slightest.

I think I'll give my phone an hour's worth of electrical charge and then tuck it in my pocket like a normal person would. I've had poor luck hanging it from my belt, and last night's despair should be good for something, like a lesson.

In other news, I was able to read the newspaper this morning which succeeded in ruining my appetite.

0 comments: