Christmas Presents

See, the title of this entry isn't lame: it's a wortspiel on yesterday's clever one!

My gift wrapping is all done! Normally that would be about an hour's task, but not this year. A few days ago it dawned on me that all my wrapping paper and things were back home and out of reach. So, in my cleverness, I bought some more.

The paper may or may not be beautiful or festive (it's inoffensive, solid green with flecks of gold), but I noticed an unexpected property when I started wrapping my gifts. Tape doesn't stick to the paper, and in that regard it's more like wax paper than wrapping paper. It's possible (and confirmed through scientific testing) to unwrap one of my gifts without tearing the paper simply by removing the tape, which you could also use again.

So, the paper is not only green in color, it's green in the environmental sense! You can peel off the tape to use again, and you can do so without ripping the paper at all!

In other news I should be going back home tonight. The biggest benefit of that is that my phone will stop continually beeping, which is its way of bitching about not having its pings answered. This hilltop living is gorgeous and rural, but it's not a location Virgin Mobile has considered.

Also, according to people who've talked to me about it, my hand wringing over my failing clutch is misplaced: I probably need an entire new transmission. Well, and why not? Into every life a bit of adversity must fall, and heaven knows I've been blessed more than many people.

It's a good thing, too, that I'll be going home soon. One of my landmarks for returning to this place is gone. On top of a misshapened, somewhat triangular building located on the turnoff I need to take to get from Sunset Blvd back to this place, a huge snowman or Santa in a globe sat. I could see it, literally, from a mile away, but it's no longer there. It seems to have disappeared a few nights ago, coincidentally on the same night we had some strong winds.

Now, I'd like to think the owner of the restaurant or the apt building or whatever climbed up there in the middle of the night and deflated it,  but it's even more fun to think of the snowman escaping his binds and rolling merrily down the street. I picture him bouncing off cars and buildings, and I can only hope he made it all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

Now that would rock!

0 comments: