Christmas Presence

That's a very clever title for an entry. I wonder if I'm the first to think of it.

Today I wrapped up my shopping, but not yet the gifts. Nothing puts me in the Christmas mood quite like driving around in a convertible in seventy degree weather (feels like 75!) with nary a cloud in the sky. The little rain washed the skies clean and snowy moutains can be seen surrounding the city.

Also, the recent winds have covered the deck where I'm staying, as well as the driveway, with a carpet of yellow leaves. Palm fronds dot the streets, ruining tires and surprising unwary motorists.

Historically, the presents I'm happiest with choosing please the recipients about half the time. The gifts I'm unhappy with fare better, which irks me no end. This year, then, promises to be a good one since I'm not happy with much of anything I've bought. I can't imagine anyone doing much other than mumbling "thanks" to any of the gifts I'm giving this year, but I there's a lot I can't imagine.

For myself, there's nothing I particularly want (except a clutch and gainful employment), so I'll be overjoyed to get anything at all. I can't be an easy person to have to get a gift for, so I always appreciate my family's efforts.

This year promises to be one of the best Christmases, ever.

0 comments: