Thanks For All The Fish

On the outside chance that our astronomers are wrong and mixed up miles and kilometers again or lost a decimal place and 2006VV2 comes crashing onto my planet later tonight, I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who's ever had a kind thought about me. And, to say thanks for all the fish. I just filled my freezer with a big pouch, too, and it would be sad to think of all those cods giving so much and me not enjoying them.
If life, as I knew it, were to end, I think I'd miss it (if I could).

I usually like surprises, which I consider odd since I'm fairly bristling with control issues, but only pleasant ones. Having my planet smacked into by a mile wide hunk of space iron definitely classifies as a "surprise," so in this case I can agree with those who consider surprises "nasty." I'm usually amazed when someone surprises me with a gift, though. I think that's because I really can't believe people think of me kindly when I'm not in their face, reminding them of my presence.

I frequently, when out shopping, see things I think people I know would enjoy (today it was TieDye Paas egg dying kits), and sometimes buy them to give as gifts. I think that's a neat thing to do, but frequently the recipient of my largesse takes to them unkindly.

Just as the earth would to this asteroid.

0 comments: