A Thwarted Effort

Right now I'm hacking up my lungs while enjoying a cigarette and stinking up the joint, so let's get that out of the way, pronto.


The patches seem to be the way to go, at least for me. While I know better than to say they worked and I quit smoking, I think I could of. My excuse this time for picking cigarettes back up is that my sister's sick.


It's not bad enough that she's ill, something I wouldn't wish on anyone, but she's home. And in my face. And very miserable. It's far easier for me to stop smoking when she's not around, like when I'm out housesitting, but my most excellent plan to quit with the change of the seasons was one I hadn't run by her and her schedule.


There will come a time when she's healthy enough to resume her duties, a time when I quit without the distractions of nagging, but Spring 2007 is not the time.

0 comments: