Gray Day

No, I don't have much progress on anything to report, but I'm tired of neglecting my blog. I know everyone who visits must be crestfallen to see no new entries.

So here's this one.

It rained overnight, but that's not the point. It's done now, so I'm getting ready to pack up and ride buses and meet with some wrimos in a nearby town. I'm still not feeling well, so I won't be kissing anyone.

As if.

The novel continues. I have story ideas, but the writing isn't often feeling inspired. I need to get away from truth and realism long enough to let ideas flow and prosper. I need to sit down and get into a groove, something that's been very elusive this year. I've been writing tons of dialogue, and I don't know why. It's almost as if I'm afraid to say anything in exposition any more, fearing the "telling" criticism.

Today I hope to get Sid and Dina to finish up one adventure and to go on to the next. They have things to chase, and the Big Train Show has been mentioned right in the text!

0 comments: