Life on the Edge

It looks as though I'll survive yet another day of infamy. I wasn't warned about any attacks on my life, which may explain my lack of concern, but once again I sailed through the Ides of March without so much as a bruising fistfight.

In fact, the only attempt on my life was self-inflicted. Throwing caution to the winds, I drank some milk with an expiration date of the fourteenth. Only time will tell if I'll survive. I should remember to check my site statistics to see if there's a dropoff in readers and bots, any one of whom may have been the subject of a more successful attack.

I haven't checked my numbers lately, and for good cause. I haven't been saying much of interest, so I'm writing now, mostly, out of habit. My opinions are common ones, and I'm not an expert on anything I write about. I thought, for a time, that the world should reward me, but I'm not convinced of that any more.

Still, it's been a good day.

0 comments: