No Relief At All

I don't have any of those fancy inventions that contain alcohol, mercury, or bi-metal strips that let me see how cold it is, but I have an extension on my Firefox browser that gives me the weather at a place within walking distance that's fairly bristling with weather-related devices: LAX.

This morning, for shits and giggles, after the Formula 1 race concluded and just as the sun was rising I checked it out. The number of degrees listed were five, which is a big number if we're talking about children, but not so big when we're discussing degrees Centigrade.

Later today, browsing around (in both a T-shirt and a long-sleeved, fleece top) I saw that last night's low isn't the coldest it's ever been in Los Angeles. We've got a few degrees to lose before we reach that number, set some time in the mid 1800s.

For the love of all that's good and holy, it's cold here. I'm seriously thinking of ordering more goose down to stuff into my comforter, maybe arranging some combo deal for pate as well.

I prefer it when we're the envy of the nation.

0 comments: