No Evident Change

When I began Crenellated Flotsam I had a few rules, some of which I'm only now discovering.

It was my intent, originally, to post a plithy little entry every day, one that would entertain those who sought it out and that would so delight those who stumbled onto it that they'd, of course, become regular readers and cheering fans. I had this notion that if I ever skipped a day's entry that I'd receive hundreds of e-mails, inquiring about my health or wondering what's going on.

Over the years I'm proud to say that I've gotten more than one such e-mail.

The important part of that rule wasn't the rabidity of my fans but the "daily entry" idea. You see, I've been trying to stick to one entry a day, because (for some reason) I think that's the right way to do it. The thing is, I never check that on the other sites I visit, especially if I'm not a daily visitor. I just read the top entry then go down until I see something that looks familiar.

Why Crenellated Flotsam should be subject to rules I neither notice, nor particularly care about, on other sites just goes to show you how forgiving I am of others and how hard I am on myself.

Anyway, beginning today, I'm not promising daily entries, but I am willing to try something new: I'm entertaining the possibility of multiple daily entries. Yes, that's right, even though it looks as if I can't even be bothered to add an entry every day, I will now permit myself to make more than one entry on any given day.

This should help.

One of the challenges of daily entries was waiting until I came up with the burning issue of the day. I'd have a perfectly fine rant at eleven in the morning, but I'd have to hold off on posting it until later that night, when I'd either forget it or come up with some more wrenching topic. Frequently I'd try to work a whole day's worth of rants into one entry, and the results are not pleasant.

So, if I can create one entry that deals with my thoughts on the avian flu pandemic, then I won't have to worry about segueing carefully into that from an entry that's ostensibly about my dental program.

In fact, I'm going to try this out in just a minute, with a second entry that's short and that stays on topic!

0 comments: