Original Humor

This next weekend the swallows are returning to Capistrano (San Juan Capistrano, for the fussy), and if they have any sense at all they'll stop off in Tijuana first and pick up some knock-off North Face Gore-Tex parkas.

Sure, they'll fall apart quickly, but I suspect the weather to change in the next few weeks, and the stitching should hold together that long. Then, they can use the puffy stuff to feather their nests!

There was a hummingbird yesterday trapped in the back hallway, where the washer and dryer and water heater live. It was successfully chased out, but I'm sure it cost the little fellow a month of his life due to stress on his heart. I don't know how long she or he was in there, but I doubt there was anything to eat. I haven't checked the Borax, though.

Which reminds me: I've been told that concerned animal lovers toss their dryer lint outside, where birds can find and use it. Also, I like the line about how, theoretically, if you wash and dry your clothes enough they'll eventually disappear.

But enough of that. The main reason I made this entry was to surprise anyone foolish enough to do a Google search on swallowing Gore-Tex.

0 comments: