Seasonal Musings

Spring's set to arrive in less than half an hour (10:26 PST), and it can't get here fast enough.

Although it's now over a dozen degrees (with a waning gibbous moon), it feels less than that because of the wind. Much less. I'm wearing a charcoal gray hooded sweatshirt with the hood up over a T-shirt, a pair of jeans, socks, boxers, and fuzzy suede slippers, and I can't wait to change into something colorful. Maybe something with orange, something to not only welcome the new season but that will identify me as a Californian.

The trouble is, I'm not convinced it's shorts weather yet.

I'm looking forward to warmer days as well as hoping that "young man's fancy" stuff may roll up its sleeves and get to work. I'm primed, but I'm not sure if the upcoming season has the same effect on women. They can be a fickle lot, demanding and whatnot, but I guess from their POV men can be the same.

But we aren't, not really.

What I'm hoping for this spring is gainful employment. Yeah, that's more up to me than it is the sun and stars, but I think it's a worthy goal. Being a full time writer hasn't gotten me anywhere, nowhere at all lately, and I miss being surrounded by people who consider me wonderful.

Or, I could buy a winning lottery ticket or stumble across a big bag of fifties.

0 comments: