More Shopping Excitement

Well, it happened again.

I went to Vons for my shopping--it was a gorgeous day so no chance of lovers hiding from raindrops--and there were about six strikers hanging around. They were talking among themselves and ignored me, both coming and going. When I was done putting the groceries in the car, like the update white guy I am, I went to put the empty cart in the empty cart corral, which is where the strikers were congregated.

There was a bottle of water in an empty cart at the rear, and I asked if it belonged to anyone before shoving mine in. One guy, who may have thanked me, claimed it and I merged my cart with the now-empty one and pushed it a little into the space for them. I couldn't push it all the way in because the strikers were using the empty carts to hold their newspapers, or as little tables.

I made it a few steps away and toward the water machine (I was filling a five gallon bottle), and my cart and the one it was stuck to began rolling out of the area and into the driving lane. The guy whose water I rescued was heading after them and telling me it's okay, but I got there first and returned the carts. This time I pushed them farther in, moving some of the carts that held some of the strikers stuff.

As I head back to the water machine, one of the other strikers pulls my cart and the one it's still attached to out of the holding area, separates them, and puts them in the middle of the driving area. I get pissed, gather them back together, and set them over next to him, next to the holding area that I guess he feels is his alone, and finish filling my water bottle.

Nothing more happened.

1 comments:

firefly said...

people are dumb. *shrug*