Rain and Radio

Right after I gave up on it, following several missed forecasts, we got some rain on a day I didn't expect it.

The good news, of course, is that the top was up on my car. Yes, it's been rained in a few times (that's how I wash the seats) and the worst thing about that is the soggy seats.

I think I don't worry enough about things. Like my car. Everyone I know treats their stuff real well, whether it's a car, a camera, a relationship, a new set of knives. I don't. Actually, and I hate to admit this, I'm usually relieved and happy when my car gets its first scratch or wrinkle. Not only don't I have to worry about it any more ("It's so nice now, all new and shiny and I hate to think of anything happening to it") but I think it adds character. No, this isn't directed at anyone who just got a new car.

I like it when my new stuff, whatever it is, loses its new sheen and shows that I've been using it. I laugh (inwardly) at people who run around with SLR cameras with the gold oval QC stickers on them (as if Canon or Nikon would release a lens that was flawed).

This is just another item in the list of things where everyone differs from me, and I think I'm wrong about how I treat stuff.

0 comments: