An Exclusive Minority

For the past day and a half I've been back in the hills overlooking Los Angeles, watching a very sweet dog and that same, comfortable home I was in back in June. Little here has changed, but I didn't expect it to. Still, of course, no idea where the scissors are kept.

But in spite of that there's been some great news. In two days I've twice seen what a drunk version of me might consider UFOs, but that, in fact, were blimps.

And, not the same blimp twice.

In addition to overlooking downtown, this house is situated so as to see the hills surrounding Dodger Stadium. When there are fireworks shows there, you can see them from deck, but on days like today you can see the blimp circuling overhead.

Well, that's what I think it was doing, describing lazy circles for hours on end. I was a bit unhappy to see that it was a white Sanyo blimp since I consider the Goodyear blimp to be the only real blimp.

Last night I spotted a very colorful one, but it was too dark to see whose blimp it was.

Not many people see two different blimps in two days, so I must be doing something right.

0 comments: