It All Comes Together

Not frequently enough for me to notice, but sometimes the world forgets to kick me in the teeth and things go according to my plan.

Today, just when I needed them most, my tires arrived from Portland, Oregon, I city I've been to a couple times so I know what they're missing. They made the trip in a cardboard box, one of the new cheap ones, but may have travelled by plane and in a motor vehicle just as I have. I doubt they took the train, so I may have that over them.

They made the trip in about sixty-seven hours, at a calculated speed of just over fourteen miles an hour. That may be the slowest they ever get to travel, since I expect to beat that for the rest of their rubbery lives.

Not that I'm any great bike pilot, not any more, but that's a pretty slow bike ride. Right now they're resting on my bike, inflated to within an inch of those earlier mentioned lives, and I hope they're gearing up for tomorrow's outing.

I'm depending on them to take me to the movie house for the first film I've seen since Return of the King. Movies are a luxury I can no longer afford, but I'm splurging tomorrow to see the premiere performance (a matinee, no less) of "Snakes on a Plane."

Like many of you, I have no idea what the film could possibly be about, but it has Samuel L Jackson in it so it should be fun. That's all I want right now, a little mindless entertainment, and I expect the film to deliver it in spades.

Well, I'd also like to be cherished and respected, but first things first.

0 comments: