November 4 - Home at Last



For the record, Minardi and I arrived home, at our place in the desert, about a quarter to eight at night. The few things we brought with us in the Jeep were all removed and we were inside, snug and possibly warm, a minute or two after eight.
What we brought with us are as follows:
Seventy-two packages of Crying Tiger Beef flavored ramen
Three bottles Louisiana Garlic Hot Sauce
Two bottles Dark Soy Sauce
Bread, bagels, some Genoa salami, and Polish sausages
One cactus
One Yucca sapling

Minardi is lying on the floor near the door and a moth just brushed my leg.

Because my glass bowls could be most anywhere, I'm borrowing Minardi's new Butterfinger water bowl for my ramen. To be fair, though, “just about anywhere” describes well over 95% of all the things I own. This, now, is my life.
Mik is back at Rachael's apartment, awaiting my sister's return tomorrow. Minardi has moved to the bed and has learned that the best thing to do in the Jeep is lay down and sleep. Maybe that's because it was night and his window was zippered shut.
In any case, in a very real sense, my new life officially begins now, at 8:00 PST, Sunday, November fourth, 2012. This is when I'm here, all my stuff is here, and this is when and where my new life starts.
Yes, other than a dozen or so things, everything is in boxes and by far nearly all the boxes are outside, sitting on the dirt. But, it's all here, no more moving, but if I'm to be honest, I expect that I will be lifting, moving, and touching everything I own about five times before it's all put away.
Tomorrow I should, if I decide to do it, move that armoire inside, especially if it will fit between the corner and the air conditioner.
I need to exercise my female side, the decorating and arranging side, and figure out how to lay out this small home. It's like The Sims, but that may be the same thing as exercising my female side. It would be easier if I didn't need to use up floorspace for a place to sleep.
Anyway, not doing anything tonight. It's 8:45, or nearly ten in the old money. It may be good, it may be bad to have moved when we changed from Daylight Savings Time to regular, but as they say in the twenty-tens, it is what it is.

0 comments: