Spam of the Day

Don't know what to make of this. My e-mail client strips some HTML stuff, so maybe there was a link, but how it could relate to the text is a mystery I will never know. My guess is they want me to have a bigger penis or sell me some pills...

"on a continual basis Munro told Sydney radio station 2UE Like so much of the hype that has surrounded the film over the past year Daly hit a 100-foot bunker shot within 4 inches to set up his winning birdie. In the trash, and in separate searches of the firm's medical waste Myers is holding all the cards programmable event reminders, a map of the ship,"

Almost makes me want to see how the story ends...


...finished chapter 4 and began on six. I'm worried about using too many forms of the verb "to be" after reading one of those "ten mistakes to avoid" lists. I checked Kicker, and I use about 2500 of them, about three percent of the entire novel! Figured into sentences, I figure slight over ten percent of the sentences would have to be rewritten.

Some would be easy (changing I'm seeing my sister into I see my sister) but others, like I'm sad, would require me to think.

3 comments:

cybele said...

you're not supposed to read your spam!

maybe that's a way to get your novel out there - just serialize it and contact a spammer and have them use it as their background text.

now that'd be an interesting story! in your interview after the pulitzer you'd explain how you got your start.

russ said...

Since I don't use Outlook, I get to use the preview window! You can never tell when another college girl will move into my neighborhood and decide to contact me (with pictures) after seeing my profile on the Internet!

Triston said...

WordPress Trackback Spam!!!
I have installed plugins that prevent comment spams, but this won't prevent trackback to be blocked. I've been spam by many
MFA websites that most probably is from the same network with trackback, but they are not linking me on their website. May I
know how do they do it and how do I stop it? Without disabling trackback?
Thanks, and I'm using WordPress.