Voting

I voted...provisionally. Although I've not missed an election since becoming old enough to vote, the Man is trying to stifle my voice. As the poll-workers said, this has happened to others, too, but I still want to take it personally.

I blame it on the DNC and RNC. Since I'm non-partisan, they hate me. Back when I registered, it was called "Declined to state," which I liked more. More like "my secret" or "none of your bee's wax."

Again, I failed to get my minimum daily allotment of bee pollen. When will I learn?

I didn't vote for everything because I don't know enough to make intelligent decisions. I did vote for prop 56, though, just because the anti-prop 56 ads insulted me. Like that's a good reason. I think my inner core of bitterness is becoming too noticeable.

Who the hell knows about judges? It's been too long since I've been arrested. It was easier when I was getting repeatedly popped for one thing or another and had "visited" many of them.


The re-write of the first chapter was a breeze. I'd read a paragraph, and then write it again, saying what needed to be said. Either I was in ignorant bliss about the first or my second chapter is much worse. It needs some restructuring and every time I get started on it, something prevents me from writing any more.

Not the least of my problems are computer-related. My laptop is unhappy. I'm trying to write in a GUI, using a word processor that will let me use italics, but may have to revert to text editing. I know that works, but am getting too lazy to go back and search for _ or * to do replacements later. How lame am I, anyway?

So, I only made it through about a page and a half of Chapter 2. Chester leaves for work, but I'm having trouble describing his job. The timing seems off, the flow awkward. I think I have a plan, though. For some reason trying to work in the fact that the vet has only recently begun handling exotics is causing me grief. Maybe I can just drop that idea, but then the great line about not having any idea how to exercise a bird makes no sense.

"Kill your darlings."

0 comments: