Windows

I was driving around today, to and from a lunch date, and enjoying what I had to call perfect weather. It was as if I wasn't in air at all, the temperature was that comfortable. No breeze, no smog, nearly-blue skies and me in my convertible.

Not to repeat it, but it was just perfect out. Some would say "gorgeous."

Then I noticed that 3/4 of the other cars are driving around with their windows up. I thought of asking one of them, "Not to be rude, but how much better does the day have to get before you'd roll down your window?"

This is LA. We pay tons of extra money to live here because of the climate. Are so many here just because of their jobs? I'd hate to think that so many people are putting labor over existence. Why would anyone choose to live here and hide from the only thing that drew anyone here in the first place?

I can hear all the "I like the quiet" or "I want to listen to music instead of the sounds of the city" people now. And for them I sigh and offer my pity. How sad that you want to insulate yourself from the world you live in. That's the kind of thing that made me toss my cell phone.


Have been noticeably productive today, but only marginally so when it comes to the edit I should be working on. I revamped the Kicker portion of my website and added a place for me to blather on about the work I'm doing (or not, as the case may be).

I've re-written chapters 1 and 2, and am getting ready to do chapter 4. I'm thinking it may help me keep the character's voices stronger if I write all the chapters that are told from Chester's POV first, then do the one's from Lotty's. It didn't seem all that hard when I was writing them the first time, but I remember thinking about it and I know that I tend to get into grooves.

Oh well. Who knows. It's all an experiment, anyway.

0 comments: