Bearing My Cross

Unlike just about everyone I've ever known or heard of, I think I'm right about just about everything I think. It's tough, sure, but I try to share my wisdom and enlighten nearly everyone I run across, whether they want it or not.

Many of the issues with which I grapple are subjected to the rapist / prostitute test, and few of them survive. The test, which has heretofore been a mystery only available to the enlightened at a hefty fee, runs something like this:

Any parent, when presented with a son, should consider eliminating him because he may become a rapist. Similarly, if the child is a girl, she should be spared the possible shame of turning tricks for a living and be similarly disposed. In each case, you see, the potential is there, waiting to be used, and society has enough ruined lifes already without adding to their numbers.

So much for logic.

Every day I'm confronted with arguments, which quite often arise from political brayings on the issues of the day. I'm continually subjected to the possibilities of terrorist attack, and, I'm sorry, but none of them are any more credible than the rapist / prostitute argument. Yes, someone could sneak across our border with Mexico and poison millions of us, yes, Iraq could be turned into a shining example of democracy and light the way for the rest of the Middle East, and, yes, a pair of four inch scissors could be disassembled on a plane and used to threaten a flight attendant, I agree.

I'd just not like to give up any of my remaining rights to reduce any further the liklihood of any of those occurring, no more than I wish to have been smothered at birth to protect the millions of women I've never raped.

0 comments: