Christmas Lights Out

Tonight, before I discovered I'm covered with bug bites, I had plans to go out and take some pictures of my decorated neighborhood. The ferris wheel just down the block is a sight to behold.

It's scaled to ferry stuffed animals around, and that's exactly who's seated in it. It goes around just the way a ferris wheel should, and has even spawned a smaller imitation farther along. My favorite decorated house is the one with the Mexican or Southwestern motif, with lit green cactii and chili peppers.

But tonight, prior to discovering a huge lump on my elbow which forces me to eat like a gentleman and keep my elbows off the table, I and my dog noticed the neighbors are either tired of the holidays or concerned about irreparable environmental damage and have opted to leave their displays unlit and foreboding. Maybe they're worried about the world their children were inherit, or maybe they just weren't home yet.

In any case, my elbow hurts when I touch it, so I'm not doing that.

0 comments: