Nearly the weekend

What a sad and sorry excuse for a blog this is.

Last night I had a pretty good idea for my novel, but didn't write it down and today it's lost. Maybe it's stuck somewhere in the back of my mind, where all the good ideas happen, and once I begin writing the damn thing it will come out. I think it had something to do with an atagonist, although where I would put one and what he or she would do is a mystery to me.

Dragging myself through household chores and stil relying on miracles to save my sorry ass. I missed a reading with Tim O'Brien (didn't find out about it until too late), symptomatic of my life. Need to check my e-mail, but am afraid of having to write back.

4 comments:

cybele said...

You'll remember it, whatever it was. Sometimes things flit in and out of my head, and eventually decide to nest there. Maybe you just need to leave some food out - you know how those little cubpoard moths like starchy things. Leave a pile of corn meal in the middle of your brain (or whatever the novel idea equivalent is).

cybele said...

okay, I thought this was a cute blog - but I'm not sure where it's going from here (click my name)

firefly said...

blogs never generally have a purpose except to give people something to read... eventually you'll find your niche, and all will be well...

did i spell that correctly?!?

*pats you on the back* it's okay russ... it's all okay.

lauren said...

not sad, not sorry... and as firefly said, you'll find your blogging groove. i hated mine for at least the first month.