Maybe I'm Getting Old...

It must be my age.

Right now the Olympics are on and featuring (naturally) two US teams competing for the semi-final in Women's Beach Volleyball. I suppose they're drawing a large audience, mostly of men, and mostly of those who've perhaps never seen a woman in a bathing suit.

Okay, they're wearing thongs and young enough to ignore me, but I just can't get interested in watching them run and pretend to be Olympic Athletes. Every day at the beach people are playing this game and every day I ignore them. It's a pastime fer chrissakes, an amusement, it's not a Goddamn Olympic Event!

I'm heartened, somewhat, by the tans the competitors have, which show at least a nod to the location of the event, but that's not enough to save it for me. I sadly couldn't care less how much these women have struggled and sacrificed to be in Athens. I'd much prefer to see the Croatian and Bulgarian entrants in the Decathalon, but I'm not sure anyone other than two Americans are competing.

This coverage sucks.

0 comments: