A New Beginning...

This is it. My first official post in my new blog.

I know!

I have no idea what this will do to anyone's aggregator (I can't get the new site to work in either of mine), but that's an issue I can postpone. I'm quite practiced at postponing, but I see every opportunity as a chance to perfect my skills.

I'm not sure about the shade of blue, either.

The biggest difference (so far) between this WordPress blog and my Greymatter one is this one is managed with a mouse. Reminds me, somewhat, of a phpMyAdmin thing. Greymatter was all done by typing, akin to formatting a document with LaTeX instead of MS-Word.

But here it is. I've also noticed that my browser is interpreting any use of an apostophre as my wishing to find a string on this page. That's annoying, but it may be because I was using the search feature earlier.

Today was beautiful. I showed the neighborhood my fish-belly white skin while working in the front yard, but it was hot and I didn't care.

Later entries can be expected to employ all of the available options. There's a button for all the typical html codes!

2 comments:

The Angler said...

I see you've taken the WordPress challenge. Congratulations. What do you think of it? The only thing I wish I could do is write my posts in rtf like I was doing over at Slow Work. I'll probably work up some method of writing the posts in LaTeX and using a Perl script to convert to HTML. Why? There's no spell checker and I don't like writing in small windows.

I have a confession. I haven't set up an RSS aggregator for my computer at home. Very lazy of me. I'll have to do that instead of playing around with time sinks like blogshares. It's like monopoly, except without all the real estate.

russ said...

I fixed the feeder problem.

From what I could see, the RSS link is:
feed:http://www.half-dozen.net/blog/?feed=rss2

I removed the offending feed: prefix, and it works just fine!

The one that works for me, then, is this:
http://www.half-dozen.net/blog/?feed=rss2