Odd

Sometimes I like to check my stats and things so that I can feel very inferior to other bloggers.

No matter their numbers and popularity, I'm certain to win in percent of visitors running Linux. Over one-fifth are using that platform, a statistic I challenge anyone to beat. It would be higher, but some days I only gaze fondly at my site five times a day.

A lot of people (for me, anyway) dropped by today, but that's an anomaly.

I'm not happy about it, but I know that I'm in the minority in my tastes, interests, and amusements. If the world were a true democracy, I'd be voted out. I accept that the majority believe all kinds of things I don't, have tastes I don't share. I don't get mad any more when I'm faced with admitting I'm in the minority, but it saddens me.

As much as I'd be tickled pink by it, Crenellated Flotsam will never draw hundreds of daily visitors. There's no reason it can't (except the lack of interesting content), but I'm not offering anything most people are interested in. It's less nerve-wracking not having to please all those visitors, anyway.

Still, like I've noted before, nothing gets me hits quite like talking about foosas.

0 comments: