A Talented Man

It comes as no surprise to my readers, but my list of talents is pretty damn long. Exhaustive, some would say. Still, there are things I don't do well, and you're looking at one of them.

This blogging thing has me stumped. Either that, or it demonstrates my lack of precision and focus, even with the categories. Yesterday's entry, which I've never read, is an example of my suffering.

I get carried away. On occasion I think of lots of things to write in my blog during the hours when I should be doing something else. This, I think, is normal, but not how I then handle it. I sit down, start writing my new entry, and before I know it I've written half a page and have yet to even get near my point.

Then, I panic. Blogging is a 21st century activity even though it started way back in the 1990s. I think I have one foot, maybe two, still firmly planted back in the century of my birth and am not adopting as well as I might like. Blogs should be short, something one can read while holding one's breath, and I just ramble on and on, endlessly, hypnotized by the words showing up on my screen.

Then, instead of a sharp, succinct entry that people can read with pleasure, I end up with a scrawling page of gibberish that scrolls way past the editorial features.

This is not good. On the other hand, it's me.

0 comments: