Typical Dream

Here's one of last night's dreams. I have no idea why I remember it.

I was on a beach, on a small cliff-like thing with a woman watching the waves and stuff. There was a large ship out in the water, impossibly close to shore. I got up to investigate, made my way down the five foot cliff, and began walking near the ocean.

The woman never followed.

I headed south along the sand and just inland the cliff rose to a height of about ten feet. I could tell that there was a solid wall inside or beneath the cliff now, that the sand was piled up against it, and I wondered what was inside. I knew it was some sort of industrial something or other, maybe sewage treatment or something like that.

I reached the end of the wall and was met by some kids, about eight to ten years old. I struggled to climb up the cliff and they laughed at my efforts and just dashed up around me. When I got to the top I was again on level land, and the kids ran off.

The structure was to my left now. The west-facing wall may have been solid, but the others were chain link and covered with a tarp. I found a door and made my way inside. It was a large, open space and in the center was a small collection of pipes. There were three teenage boys standing around it.

One of them was talking to the others, and it was evident he worked here. At one end of the pipes there were a couple brass pistons, about the size of a grapefruit, and a black rubber diaphram about three inches in diameter. The diaphram was leaking a thin stream of water, but it was coming out with a lot of force.

The boy who worked there cautioned one of the others to be careful, and showed him some proper safety techniques for examining the leaking gasket. He told them he may as well show them how it works, since it should be tested from time to time, anyway.

It turns out the pipes were some invention of FD Roosevelt, and came from that time.

He did nothing I could see, but we all knew that it was working. I hadn't spoken to anyone, but was right next to the thing, along with the rest. We walked around it, and by the time we got to front I could see the pistons slowly pushing out and back in.

There were some open pipes on one side. Two of them were caked with salt, and I knew the machine was creating water. Another pipe contained a parade of tiny trucks, tankers mostly, but with train cars and anything else that could hold water. It was like a demonstration of how water could be put in the trucks and then transported to the public.

I watched as a series of tiny trucks pulled out from the pipe, filled with clean water.

We went to an underground room near the solid wall, and there was some stuff in there, but then I had to go. They all said good-bye to me and I left the compound and was on a street next to the beach. I was walking along another chain link fence, and rats were scurrying out from the vegetation that grew at the bottom of the fence. I was wearing heavy black boots, but was unable to kick them since I was paralyzed and could only lay down.

I wanted to kick one of them, one that was coming after me. Instead, another rat came out and was attacked by a third. The one that had been menacing me, went to join in that fight. A fourth came out and bit my shoulder, and I was unable to get him off since I couldn't move. I could shrug my shoulder, but no more than that and he was stuck on me. I rolled over onto him, and hoped I'd squashed him but was afraid to look.

When I looked up, on the other side of the fence was a meeting. I couldn't see many of the attendees, but I knew there were about twenty people. A middle-aged man and woman were trying to make them dealers of Penta water.

I was yelling that it was all a scam, that it was nonsense, and the couple started getting annoyed at me as the audience began looking doubtful. The couple started talking about molecules all lined up and staying that way and I mentioned water is not a solid, it's a liquid and molecules move. The man began holding little models of molecules, and I said he should just stick to magic tricks and let these people save their money.

I rolled back over, and the rat was motionless. I was afraid to see if he was alive or not, but he was and I kept trying to get him off my shoulder, which was now soaked in blood. I had to pry all his teeth off and could only do that by wiggling my shoulder.

He fell off, ran away, and I woke up.

0 comments: