Continuing

I'm about to find out just how broken something is. I got LOTR DVD over Thanksgiving and while the movie plays, neither of the bonus CDs did anything. Instead of going and buying it somewhere else, I took it back, got another copy, and nothing changes. I find it more likely that my DVD player is hosed than that I stumbled on four bad CDs.

The DVD player in the new computer I don't use refuses to work until it has sound. Oddly, this computer has no sound, and that's why I bought that one. But then I broke that one and had to reinstall everything and then November came and I didn't feel much like doing anything. Also, I'm hoping to save that one instead of freshly installing everything.

I do lots of disk swapping.

Last night I broke down and kept writing my novel. I'm adding (at least) one more chapter to the end to see if I can get a better ending. I cried at the end of the first one, but I don't know if I would again. Then again, it's easy to make me cry.

2 comments:

firefly said...

actually you're like the 4th person i've heard complain about the dvd not working, or the sound being choppy. i wonder if there's just a bad batch of that movie floating around. someone mentioned something about it on the nano boards. huh.

russ said...

I didn't see that on the boards. I'm pretty pissed cuz my PC system, while pretty good, doesn't have the sound and picture my TV and stuff has. Plus, I don't want to sit here forever watching a movie.

I should check into this!