Overcast and depressed

I think the greater miracle is that more tortillas don't look like religious icons.

What to do. Part of me wants to keep on writing about the triplets, but it doesn't feel right when I do it. Kind of like their story has already been told. I hadn't expected that, not when I missed them so much on Dec 1st, but my attempts to carry it on into another chapter feels forced and totally artificial. I'm resigning myself to spending time with them again later, when I look at what I wrote and decide if I'm going to rewrite it.

I'm also considering seeing if I can make some money. That scares me, too. I used to feel totally employable, but lately I see my age really working against me. No one I've talked to wants to take me in an entry level position, they all want someone younger, someone with a burning desire to work, that whole "fire in the belly" nonsense. I don't want to wear any more suits. I 've had it with corporate culture and don't have any desire to put up with all the lies and bullshit.

I wish I could make a living doing what I want. I'm too old for this nonsense any more.

2 comments:

lauren said...

yeah, i'm a little afraid to go back to mine. i am hoping a restful weekend and the motivation of a potential reader ;) will help me get through the rest of it. just a few more sections to go. it's really only going to be 5,000 more words or so. and what's that really? a day? two? just gotta pretend it's still november and plow through.

firefly said...

i can't seem to bring myself to finish the story. when i made it through nano i was only about 2/3 to 3/4 (or vice versa) finished. *sigh* i'll get around to it, eventually. hopefully.