Grocery Strike

This is just sad...

So I just went to the grocery store. It's been drizzling a bit, but not right now. It's a little chilly, but that's about it, maybe a touch of mist, but nothing I needed my windshield wipers for. I go to Vons, just because I don't like being told where to shop, and there's a man and a woman striking. Sort of.

They're huddled in a corner near the entrance wearing rain coats. Their signs are propped up against the wall. Instead of hassling me like they're supposed to, or even handing me their new fear-based warnings, they're fighting off the elements which aren't even threatening.

When I come out of the store, and it still hasn't rained as much as a drop, they've given up sheltering themselves from the December Storm and are busy making out.

Okay. I'm a jerk for crossing the lines, something I never did before this grocery thing. I just don't like being put in the middle or having to shop at more expensive places right now when I can afford it.

0 comments: