Teeth

I was pretty proud of myself a couple years ago when I followed a dentist's advice and got one of them Sonicare toothbrushes. It polished up the teeth I have, or made them feel shiny, anyway, and I had several good checkups after.

Then, a few months after I got mine the guy in the cube next to me got one, too. He had the same reaction I did, that his teeth felt brushed for the first time in his life. It may be all that buzzing, but something was at work here, and we both liked them a lot.

Then, yesterday, mine died.

I'm pretty pissed. It's one thing to spend a hundred bucks on a toothbrush, but quite another to have to do it every couple years. I can't now, of course, afford such an obvious yuppie luxury, but I think I'll write the Sonicare people and tell them of my disappointment. Yeah, it outlasted the warranty. BFD.

Today I went to Sav-On and got a Braun. Much cheaper, works about the same.

3 comments:

cybele said...

I used to have one of those, and I really liked it. But it died after about two years too. My compromise is to buy a new toothbrush every two months - and at 3 bucks each (one for me and the Man) that ends up being $36 a year. So it's really just a little more expensive to go the electric route as a couple.

russ said...

I get them free from my dentist! I can make them last years!

firefly said...

what's funny is there's one of those around here for me to use, but i've never used it. i should, while it's still working.