Tribal Customs

I may have adjusted things too quickly: my mood is now logged at being over medium over half the time. That can't be right, that can't be me.

Today...foreign affairs. For awhile I had a couple online friends who lived in Croatia, and from them I got sort of an idea of Central Europe and all the crap that's going on in the Balkans (this was years before Kosovo, but lasted through that). Now, with all the mid-east nonsense, I'm reminded about the biggest problem I have with some of these distant cultures.

I have no idea what it is to be a member of a tribe, to have tribal loyalties.

I can relate to family and friends, maybe to even country, but to a lesser extent, but I can't fathom what it would be like to associate myself with a member of a tribe. Is there anything except animosity that separates tribes from each other?

Maybe I should try starting one of these tribe things.

1 comments:

firefly said...

I am my own tribe!! ;)